Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friday Update

Spending time with the family makes it ridiculously difficult to sit down and focus on writing either in my notebook or with my laptop.  I haven't written in my journal in weeks.

But!  It's understandable because my youngest sister graduated from high school yesterday and her graduation party is tomorrow.  We've been running around and family is here and my puppy is so badly behaved you wouldn't believe it.

I applied for a writing job with a larger company today.  We'll see how that goes [spoilers] it goes poorly.

Anyway!  I need to get to bed so I can get up early and work on the party and write more.  Let's just hop straight to the lists.

Camp NaNoWriMo Word Count:  5446

Last Week's Goals:

  1. Write 3 scenes of the prologue for Culina  I rewrote two scenes, planned 2.5 scenes, and wrote 80% of one scene and 10% of another
  2. Figure out Camp NaNoWriMo  Sort of completed.  I actually commented on the cabin thing.
  3. Contact friends to see if they're interested in doing the projects we mentioned before graduation.  They said yes.  That's not really helpful.
This Week's Goals:
  1. Finish the prologue of Culina
  2. Write at least one major scene Culina post prologue
  3. Write silly love letters to friends to get into a romantic mood
  4. Write some of the random gossip scenes for Culina.  I'm looking forward to this one!  Who knows what'll get used ^_~
And that's that.  I don't really like the compose set-up for blogger so I'm thinking of switching to the HTML version for next week.  I'm not sure though.  I'm kind of used to the livejournal format that is HTML but automatically adds <p> tags to make it easier.  I'm not sure if I'm not lazy enough to write <p> for each paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment