Friday, March 1, 2013

I Really Want Royal Trap + Updates

Okay, so, it's a new month and I owe you guys an update.  BUT I also really want to play Royal Trap (I can never decide whether to bold or italicize games.  Thoughts?) so I figured I'd make it a double whammy and talk about both.


In Royal Trap you play as Madeleine Valois, a woman who serves in the courts as a guide to the prince in order to help him marry an appropriate bride.  Of course, this is not so straightforward and it looks like there are lots of wonderful things to complicate Madeleine's attempts to have her prince marry well.

So far, the art style and premise remind me of Crimson Empire, which I haven't actually played or read, but that makes me super excited anyway.  So far, I've really enjoyed Hanako Games when it comes to story, but this seems more like my normal cup of tea.  The art also makes me excited because the outfits are elegant, and the art quality is an improvement over Date Warp and Magical Diary from what I can tell so far.  You can watch the trailer to see for yourself!



I admit I haven't played the demo yet because I know once I start playing I won't want to stop, and by posting about it here first, I can get a discount when I buy the game, but don't let that dissuade you.  I really do enjoy Hanako Games and the art and music alone promise an interesting time.  The theme is "Elaborate Deception" produced by LeetStreetBoys and featuring vocals from Natasha Cox.  It's crazy catchy as per usual with LeetStreetBoys, even if the lyrics are a little cheesy.  You can hear it in its entirety here.

Okay, I think that's enough about Royal Trap or else you'll be confused about why my update is even here.

I did not wind up completing Bionic Heart 2 in an appropriate time frame, so it got finished up by KittyKatStar.  There's no hard feelings.  She's nice and much faster than me.  I didn't really start feeling better until around Valentine's Day anyway so I haven't been particularly effective at anything.  She also wrote parts of Heileen 3, and is the writer for two other games for Winter Wolves including Spirited Heart 2.  KittyKatStar is someone to keep an eye on :]

Bionic Heart 2 should be out by mid-March and I'll post about it once it's released.

For Culina, I once again haven't been particularly productive, but I managed to pass the 10,000 word milestone for the story which makes me happy and I got to write more Emily.  From what I can tell in the lemmasoft forums, people do not like Emily very much.  It's not really a spoiler, but the MC in Culina did not have a clean break-up with her, and to me, she is still very much a part of MC's life whether or not she's there.  It's not really fair for people to just dislike her based off of what I've written, so I'm trying to portray her in a more positive light.

I'm not saying Emily is an amazing character.  If she were a real person, I would not like her at all.  But I know her better than I've written her and she isn't just a flighty two dimensional character.  I'm working on fleshing everyone out when writing the main story for Culina and we'll see how effective I am.

Culina Word Count:  10516
Bionic Heart 2 Lines Remaining:  0

1 comment:

  1. Magic Diary's art is pretty, it;s just a different art style. It's cute, especially those big eyes, I really like AMgic Diary's art style. I really can;t agree with you saying it's worse in any way than this new game, this new game is just...too glossy.

    ReplyDelete