Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beginning of Summer and Other Things

Yes, I have been absolutely awful updating everything.  Honestly, I've been quite busy so in my free time I've been writing quite a bit of fanfiction.  There's no point lying about it.

However, I graduated just last Friday and with that I should theoretically have plenty of time to write Culina now.  That's my first priority.  I wound up not proofreading Heileen 3 due to time contraints, so I'm kind of sad about that, but it's not really unexpected.

I'm going to try to update this blog at least once a week and maintain a twitter for writing called RiceforBrunch. I'll at least be posting any fanfiction updates on that twitter since it shares a name with my personal writing/graphics livejournal, but any updates to this blog will be linked there as well.

In an attempt to actually get somewhere in my projects I'm going to make a list of three goals for each week and my next post will respond to the list I previously created and will also contain my next list.  I think that's fair and three goals should be reasonable enough for me to not want to die of work overload.

There is one thing that I would like to get some opinions of though and that's whether or not I should participate in Camp NaNoWriMo.  I already made an account and a Sponsorship Page, but whether or not I actually participate is still to be decided.  I still would love to write my originally planned NaNoWriMo from last November and it's at the perfect stage to be written.  Since my priority at this time is Culina, I would likely sign up for August with it and then just try to write as much of Culina as I can.  However, there's also the possibility of using Culina for a June novel.

I think I can do both actually so that'd be ideal, but I'm not sure what to categorize Culina as.  Alas, I'll just have to do my best.  Is there even some sort of splash page for Culina yet for me to use as a cover?  That'd be cool...

Goals for the week:

  1. Write 3 scenes of the prologue for Culina
  2. Figure out Camp NaNoWriMo
  3. Contact friends to see if they're interested in doing the projects we mentioned before graduation
And finally, if anyone's interested in working with me, I really only recommend smaller projects or projects with strict deadlines.  I really need strict deadlines to get things done hence all of this fuss I'm imposing on myself

No comments:

Post a Comment